Palm User Message Board 首頁 Palm User Message Board
give up phpBB! we must

常見問題常見問題   搜尋搜尋   會員列表會員列表   會員群組會員群組 
 個人資料個人資料   登入檢查您的私人訊息登入檢查您的私人訊息   登入登入 

O2 mini must read - upgrade 7MB to 27MB ROM (free of charge)

發表新主題   回覆主題    Palm User Message Board 首頁 -> PPC Printable version
上一篇主題 :: 下一篇主題  
發表人 內容
palmVer
行長

註冊時間: 2002-10-05
文章: 228
來自: Planet Palm

發表發表於: 2005-06-22 23:26    文章主題: O2 mini must read - upgrade 7MB to 27MB ROM (free of charge) 引言回覆

*** TAKE YOUR OWN RISK ***

If you want to upgrade your O2 mini ROM from 7MB to 27MB (free of charge), go to http://forum.xda-developers.com/ and look for articles under "Magician" section.

I have summarize a thread in there: http://forum.xda-developers.com/viewtopic.php?t=23392

As the upgrade involves quite a lot of technical (computer) procedure, don't do that if you are not quite familiar with PC usage. However, it worths to try... 27MB of ROM can make your life very happy Smile

HOWEVER, TAKE YOUR OWN RISK for doing the upgrade:
- data will be lost (do backup before the upgrade)
- warranty will be voided
- if upgrade goes wrong ... no one knows what will happen...

Smile
回頂端
檢視會員個人資料 發送私人訊息 參觀發表人的個人網站
yanszechung
新同學

註冊時間: 2004-03-31
文章: 13
來自: HK

發表發表於: 2005-06-23 1:26    文章主題: Re: O2 mini must read - upgrade 7MB to 27MB ROM (free of cha 引言回覆

palmVer 寫到:
*** TAKE YOUR OWN RISK ***

If you want to upgrade your O2 mini ROM from 7MB to 27MB (free of charge), go to http://forum.xda-developers.com/ and look for articles under "Magician" section.

I have summarize a thread in there: http://forum.xda-developers.com/viewtopic.php?t=23392

As the upgrade involves quite a lot of technical (computer) procedure, don't do that if you are not quite familiar with PC usage. However, it worths to try... 27MB of ROM can make your life very happy Smile

HOWEVER, TAKE YOUR OWN RISK for doing the upgrade:
- data will be lost (do backup before the upgrade)
- warranty will be voided
- if upgrade goes wrong ... no one knows what will happen...

Smile

Hi palmVer,

Hice to meet you, and thanks for your introduction.

I have a queation. Although I fleshed the modified rom successfully (1.11 Eng. HK Ver), I don't know how to install those Ext. Rom files. What I had done is:

1.) Copy my required ext.rom files to Storage folder in my mini.
2.) Click on those .cab files in my mini.

But still I found that my memony is decreasing.... in "Setting" - "Memory" - "Main", the "Storage" side is decreasing, while the "Program" side remain unchanged.

Is that normal? or did I misunderstand something?

Thanks for your reply first!

Marco
回頂端
檢視會員個人資料 發送私人訊息
ELT
訓導主任

註冊時間: 2002-08-20
文章: 10497
來自: 樹熊ソ共和国

發表發表於: 2005-06-23 9:32    文章主題: 引言回覆

未用過Mini,我諗都係清左D Extended ROM出黎玩~
我部XDA II都有成30MB ROM玩 Very Happy
回頂端
檢視會員個人資料 發送私人訊息 發送電子郵件 參觀發表人的個人網站 MSN Messenger
palmVer
行長

註冊時間: 2002-10-05
文章: 228
來自: Planet Palm

發表發表於: 2005-06-23 13:32    文章主題: Re: O2 mini must read - upgrade 7MB to 27MB ROM (free of cha 引言回覆

yanszechung 寫到:

Hi palmVer,

Hice to meet you, and thanks for your introduction.

I have a queation. Although I fleshed the modified rom successfully (1.11 Eng. HK Ver), I don't know how to install those Ext. Rom files. What I had done is:

1.) Copy my required ext.rom files to Storage folder in my mini.
2.) Click on those .cab files in my mini.

But still I found that my memony is decreasing.... in "Setting" - "Memory" - "Main", the "Storage" side is decreasing, while the "Program" side remain unchanged.

Is that normal? or did I misunderstand something?

Thanks for your reply first!

Marco

It's normal that installing CAB files should eat up the TOTAL main memory. The allocation of the memory for "Program" and for "Storage" is automatically adjusted dynamically by the OS to get optimal performance, I don't think we should take too much care on that.

Just remind that you only need to install those CAB files that you are interested in, eg. you are smartone user, just follow what mentioned in the SMARTONE section in the autconfig file to install.

Smile
回頂端
檢視會員個人資料 發送私人訊息 參觀發表人的個人網站
從之前的文章開始顯示:   
發表新主題   回覆主題    Palm User Message Board 首頁 -> PPC 所有的時間均為 台北時間 (GMT + 8 小時)
1頁(共1頁)

前往:  
無法 在這個版面發表文章
無法 在這個版面回覆文章
無法 在這個版面編輯文章
無法 在這個版面刪除文章
無法 在這個版面進行投票