PalmSource Releases Developer Suite v1.1 & Installer

發表新主題   回覆主題    Palm User Message Board 首頁 -> PALM - 軟件開發 Printable version
上一篇主題 :: 下一篇主題  
發表人 內容
tiger_bb
訓導主任

註冊時間: 2002-08-20
文章: 10317

發表發表於: 2004-12-01 3:58    文章主題: PalmSource Releases Developer Suite v1.1 & Installer 引言回覆

http://www.palminfocenter.com/view_story.asp?ID=7336

palminfocenter 寫到:
PalmSource has just released the Palm OS Developer Suite v1.1. The PODS suite is designed to enable the development of next generation multimedia and wireless applications for ARM- and 68K-based Palm Powered devices. The new release includes support for Palm OS Cobalt 6.1 creating PalmSource Installer packages and eclipse updates.

This release of Palm OS Developer Suite includes the following new features:

Palm OS SDK 6.1 targeting Palm OS Cobalt devices
Upgrade of the underlying Eclipse platform onto Eclipse 3.0.1 and CDT 2.0.2
Ability to create packages through an "Export" wizard
The upgrade of the underlying Eclipse platform onto Eclipse 3.0.1 and CDT 2.0.2 brings significant improvements and enhancements in the core functionality of the IDE. Registered Palm OS developers can also download Palm OS Developer Suite 1.0 free of charge from the Developer Zone on PalmSource.com. You should completely uninstall previous versions of the Palm OS Developer Suite before installing this new version.

The new Palm OS Developer Suite 1.0 includes an open-source Integrated Development Environment (IDE) based on Eclipse, originally developed by IBM. Eclipse is a commercial-quality, best-in-class IDE with several hundred plug-in tools that support major software languages including C, C++, Java, and COBOL. The introduction of Palm OS Developer Suite enables developers to create mobile applications that run natively on ARM-based smartphones and mobile devices running Palm OS Cobalt.

Although 68K applications have the advantage of running on a wide variety of Palm Powered devices, only PalmOS Protein applications-ARM-native applications written using the new PalmOS Protein APIs-can take advantage of the many new features introduced in PalmOS Cobalt. Palm OS Developer Suite is currently the only free toolchain available for the development of ARM-native, Palm OS Protein applications.

"Palm OS Developer Suite represents PalmSource's commitment to the 300,000-plus registered developers to provide best-in-class tools to create next-generation wireless applications for ARM-based Palm Powered smartphones and wireless mobile devices," said Larry Berkin, director of developer marketing at PalmSource. "We believe that the suite simplifies the development process and allows for the creation of native applications that leverage the more than 100 new APIs in the new Palm OS Cobalt SDK."

PalmSource Installer is designed to allow developers to bundle their Palm OS software application, support files and desktop components into a single, compressed software package that a user can download and install with a single touch of a button, whether via a HotSync?connection to the PC or while on the go, via OTA delivery. PalmSource Installer is automatically downloaded whenever an end user downloads a PalmSource Installer enabled application package. In addition, PalmSource Installer is designed to leverage the ease-of-use of Palm Powered smart mobile devices to intelligently detect a users device requirements, including memory, screen resolution and default languages to automatically install the appropriate files tailored to the device. The software applications optimized for online and OTA delivery to Palm Powered mobile devices draw from the more than 20,000 Palm OS software titles available today.
回頂端
檢視會員個人資料 發送私人訊息 參觀發表人的個人網站
ohho
訓導主任

註冊時間: 2002-08-19
文章: 11726

發表發表於: 2004-12-06 12:31    文章主題: 引言回覆

Download 左幾日,但都未有時間試。以前的經驗,都係用返 CodeWarrior 居多 Razz

始終要搬 d project 過去,又煩,又冇乜好處 ... Smile 除非用新 product 啦 ... :

水就是水
回頂端
狗哥
班長

註冊時間: 2003-08-06
文章: 496

發表發表於: 2004-12-08 0:12    文章主題: 引言回覆

i think it is not wo...

this one is free product, but codewarrior need to paid.. can't compare la...

although i also think cw may be better
回頂端
檢視會員個人資料 發送私人訊息 雅虎訊息通
UTP
低級老師

註冊時間: 2003-03-23
文章: 1391
來自: Hong Kong

發表發表於: 2004-12-08 2:09    文章主題: 引言回覆

I like PODS tho............
like 狗哥 said, free open source IDE.........

but I also agree almost all project needs to be re port..........
回頂端
nwmfs
普通學生

註冊時間: 2004-12-11
文章: 22
來自: IVE HK

發表發表於: 2004-12-15 23:34    文章主題: 引言回覆

Downloaded but can't unzip...
回頂端
檢視會員個人資料 發送私人訊息
UTP
低級老師

發表發表於: 2004-12-16 4:48    文章主題: 引言回覆

redownload la, I can upzip wow.
回頂端
nwmfs
普通學生

發表發表於: 2004-12-16 23:49    文章主題: 引言回覆

Woo, I will retry later ... U download 1 Zip file or 16 Zip files ?
回頂端
檢視會員個人資料 發送私人訊息
UTP
低級老師

發表發表於: 2004-12-17 1:12    文章主題: 引言回覆

1 zip, I try before, AND today 2, it works.
回頂端
dinorex
低級老師

註冊時間: 2003-09-22
文章: 4674
來自: 食之宇宙

發表發表於: 2004-12-17 1:18    文章主題: 引言回覆

UTP 寫到:
redownload la, I can upzip wow.

me 2....

http://www.kitehost.com/index.php?u=dinorex731
回頂端
檢視會員個人資料 發送私人訊息 發送電子郵件 參觀發表人的個人網站
UTP
低級老師

發表發表於: 2004-12-17 1:31    文章主題: 引言回覆

Pumb 扒®> u can't unzip too?
回頂端
nwmfs
普通學生

發表發表於: 2004-12-18 18:23    文章主題: 引言回覆

Why I still can't unzip ?? I use WinZip 9.0.... pls help
回頂端
檢視會員個人資料 發送私人訊息
UTP
低級老師

發表發表於: 2004-12-18 22:32    文章主題: 引言回覆

do not use any download manager to download, I use windows build in zip archive utilities to unzip, also tried winrar, both work.
回頂端
dinorex
低級老師

註冊時間: 2003-09-22
文章: 4674
來自: 食之宇宙

發表發表於: 2004-12-18 22:33    文章主題: 引言回覆

UTP 寫到:
Pumb 扒®> u can't unzip too?

i can... Laughing

http://www.kitehost.com/index.php?u=dinorex731
回頂端
檢視會員個人資料 發送私人訊息 發送電子郵件 參觀發表人的個人網站
忘誰
低級老師

註冊時間: 2002-08-20
文章: 1079

發表發表於: 2005-01-14 13:05    文章主題: 引言回覆

UTP 寫到:
do not use any download manager to download, I use windows build in zip archive utilities to unzip, also tried winrar, both work.

我就是用 FlashGet 才可以把那個 Full Version 扯下來, 260MB 用 IE 下載經常出錯致不能解壓...
回頂端
檢視會員個人資料 發送私人訊息
從之前的文章開始顯示:   
發表新主題   回覆主題    Palm User Message Board 首頁 -> PALM - 軟件開發 所有的時間均為 台北時間 (GMT + 8 小時)
1頁(共1頁)

前往:  
無法 在這個版面發表文章
無法 在這個版面回覆文章
無法 在這個版面編輯文章
無法 在這個版面刪除文章
無法 在這個版面進行投票